As May winds down, so does my anti-candida diet. Since May is Celiac Awareness Month and the anti-candida diet also is gluten free, I’m sharing the breakfast that has largely been a part of my mornings this past month.
Have you ever had quinoa for breakfast instead of oatmeal?
Love this protein-packed grain and often swapped it in over my usual gf standby of buckwheat and millet.
I try to be mindful in eating a variety of foods that pack in the nutrients, so here’s the breakdown of what is included in this breakfast:
- Quinoa: is one of the few plants that is a complete protein and also has iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, Vitamin E and fiber
- Chia seeds: contain fiber, protein, Omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients
- Unsweetened shredded coconut: contains protein, fiber, iron, zinc
- Ground flax seeds: gives you micronutrients, fiber, manganese, vitamin B1, Omega-3
- Cinnamon: has multiple health benefits and contains antioxidants and is antimicrobial
- Coconut oil: has beneficial medium-chain fatty acids
- Blueberries:contains antioxidants, vitamin K, vitamin C, manganese, fiber and copper.
- Unsweetened almond milk: is rich in phosphorus, potassium and zinc