6-ingredient Cauliflower soup (vegan,anti candida, gluten free, paleo)
Today is Day 4 of the full Sugar Detox Challenge. I’m also adding the twist of following the anti-candida diet which you can learn more about here.
One of the keys to succeeding with any diet change, is preparation. Mental and physical.
So much of what and how we eat is tied up in our emotions, our memories and our culture that breaking from your traditional diet can be tough. I’ve found the best way to mentally prepare for a diet changhttps://shebloomflourish.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1024&action=edite is praying about it and leaning on God to get me through. But I also put that faith in action by researching recipes and articles…you could say it’s “thought for food.
To prepare physically, there are several practical steps to take to increase success:
- Remove the foods that are a source of temptation: This is key if you really struggle with giving into cravings. If it’s not in your cupboards or fridge, it’s not very likely that you’ll run to the store to feed the temptation.
- Meal planning: Although I always recommend planning meals -including snacks – because it saves time, mental stress and money, this step is especially important when you are following a new diet and dealing with foods that may be unfamiliar to you.
- Meal prep:This is meal planning’s often overlooked partner and an area I still need to grow in. Meal prepping, especially for snacks that require more than grabbing a handful of something, helps avoid the pitfall of reaching for whatever is most convenient, but not diet-friendly.
Four days into the anti-candida diet and I’m grateful for taking these steps. The hardest part so far is not reaching for my usual standbys of raisins or carrots and hummus. All healthy, but the higher sugar and carb count counts them out for the strictest part of the anti-candida diet.
Now on to the cauliflower soup…
As part of my meal prepping, I made a HUGE pot of this over the weekend, which takes care of my lunches for this week and most of next.
It’s simple to make but packed with flavor and other goodness that eating cauliflower, onions, garlic and curry bring.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT A PDF of the cauliflower soup recipe
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
- 2 heads of cauliflower, chopped
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- dashes of freshly ground pepper
Saute onions and garlic in a little water in a large stockpot until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add cauliflower and seasonings and add more water until it’s not quite covering the cauliflower.
Bring to a boil, then simmer until the cauliflower is very tender, about 35-40 minutes.
Cool slightly and add to a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth. You will probably have to do this several times, so make sure you have an extra pot on hand to transfer the blended soup into.
*Eliminate pepper if following the anti-candida diet